Throughout the year, our blog will feature AHA volunteer stories of survival and hope. We know there are thousands of stories like these - thats why we want to say “Thanks” to all of you for giving your time and sharing your lives with us. You can’t spell CURE without U! Thank you for all you do to build healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke. YOU’RE THE CURE!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

AHA Lobbyist Needs Your Help!

My name is Rachel Callanan. I am the American Heart Association Senior Advocacy Director in Minnesota. During the legislative session I spend most of my time at the capitol speaking directly with legislators about our bills, like the physical education bill. I am committed to fighting for laws that prevent heart disease and stroke across Minnesota. But I need your help! Every day legislators tell me they need to hear from their voters.

Tell your legislator you support the prevention of heart disease and stroke - through strong phy ed programs, state funding, tobacco tax and efforts aimed at women.

I am going to have a tough year at the capitol. The economy is on everyone's mind and we need to demonstrate how prevention programs are good for Minnesotans' physical *and* financial health. I need your commitment to help me convince legislators about the importance of these programs. Can I count on you?

Thanks for being an American Heart Association advocate! Together we can improve the health of our state!

Thanks,
Rachel Callanan, JD
Senior Advocacy Director

P.S. Will I see you at Heart on the Hill? Register today!

No comments: